VAG-COM - what does it do? Where to find more info?

Hi
A friend of mine mentioned something about this software.... I was wondering if anyone knows where to find more info on this? For instance, the hardware - can u make your own? If so, where to get schematics etc?

wondering
www.ross-tech.com
Cheers,
Pete
Make your own, you get no support. Support the vendor, buy theirs. It's the best damned diagnostic tool out there. We recently replaced a bunch of older stand-alone tools with a Snap-on MODIS. It works fine, but I still bought the new VAG-Com update. It's that good.

I'm using the software in shareware mode with an adapter I built from a schematic I found on the web. I've diagnosed a few problems very nicely. I would not hesitate to buy the software when I need it for more.
Gene

wondering

Will you please send a link to the the schematic ?
Greetings Aksel
Takes less than 2 minutes to find with Google! "