VAG Q

We have just purchased a Polo 1.4S, 35K from new with full dealer SH.

It's coming six years old, at what mileage/timescale should we start thinking cam belt and related bits.

dj

Reply to
tpow

Cam belt should have been changed at 5 years with such low mileage. Get it done asap if you're not sure.

There's also a problem with plastic cam belt tensioners failing on these. Not sure if there's a better part available.

Reply to
Dave