VAGCOM activation - is there a cheaper way?

I need an activation code for VAGCOM so i can reset the service reminder but the R99 seems a bit steep for private use on my own car only. Anybody know of a cheaper alternative that can perform this function?

Reply to
Hannes Strydom

I think you can buy OBD handheld scanner things that will allow you to do it for a lot less - try E-bay

rgds

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller