VAGCOM activation - is there a cheaper way?

I need an activation code for VAGCOM so i can reset the service reminder but the R99 seems a bit steep for private use on my own car only. Anybody know
of a cheaper alternative that can perform this function?

I think you can buy OBD handheld scanner things that will allow you to do it for a lot less - try E-bay
rgds
I.
On my 01 A6 you just read how in the owner's manual. No tools required.
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:12:47 +0200, "Hannes Strydom"