Valve cover gasket done

Well, I got the gasket changed out during the game. Ok I did run over into the post-game show a little--but that's ok cause the Badgers beat Penn State. The old gasket was very brittle. It was in several pieces
when I took it out. Wouldn't it be great if this stops the oil leak I've been living with for so long. The engine actually burns almost no oil as far as I can tell. Just every once in a while a little puff comes through at startup. My theory is that when the cam stops in a certain spot, a seep of oil is getting past a valve stem seal.
to TonyJ:

Probably shouldn't admit it--I used my finely tuned wrist.

And I wasn't going to admit this either... But I had to go back in last fall and redo the seal cause I didn't get it seated. I managed to pick the (new) old one out and seated the new new one with just the right size PCV pipe.

Exactly my experience.

I'll allow ya that! Tubby's got the Gophers on a tear.
miguelito
I think that you are right about the valve stem seal but that should only affect it after sitting for a while and would be very low oil consumption. It will not be likely to get any worse of a long time.
Good work on the gasket. I bet it does solve the leak.