VIN Search, please

I'm new to this group. I'm getting ready to buy a 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro and was wondering if someone could run a VIN search for me. Also, can someone tell me the most common problems associated with
this car. The VIN is WAUED28D5WA108580. Thanks.
My son's car is the same as you are considering and we have encountered a few nits that you could check.
- squeaks in the front suspension a common. Caused by drying nylon components in the lower control arm and ball joint. We corrected by drilling small holes where needed and injecting grease. Dealer fix is to replace the control arm and about $350 per side.
- heater core or a connection leaked causing sever windshield fogging. Difficult to replace. We added stop leak and no problem in nine months.
- Timing belt, water pump and belt tensioners MUST be replaced every 60K miles. DIY - parts $250. Dealer cost is $600 to $900. The factory water pumps have plastic impellers that are known to fail a lot. Replace with metal impellers on new pump.
- Do NOT drain the transmission by mistake when you are planning to change the engine oil : ) Took some scrambling to get this one corrected.
It is a very good car and these small issues in no way detract from its appeal. If you are in to DIY plan to by VAG software to work with the car and diagnose codes.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd
kajsmom wrote:

I have a UK '99 A4 1.8T Sport. My dealer service book says 80K miles for the TimingBelt change. Should I change at 60K as this post says (ref: '98 Audi A4 2.8 Q), or is that specific only to the 2.8Q?
Any general advice on timebelt change time/cost appreciated.
Many thanks, Matt.
PS I'm not able enough for DIY.
The discussion here and on other forums on this subject typically ends up suggesting that Audi over estimated the mileage recommendation. Your might make it to the Audi interval but MANY have not. The cost of not isn't pretty.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd
Imorital wrote:

Just thought of another thing:
Oil filler caps can leak and drain oil to one of the spark plugs causing smell.
This can be aggravated by leaking cam shaft seals front and back.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd
kajsmom wrote:

Thanks everyone for the great tips on maintenance. That is greatly appreciated. I've heard it can be fairly expensive to work on.