VW Polo Anti Roll bar - Front.

A Dealer is quoting £250 to replace the front anti roll bar assembly.
A third party (known) garage is quoting £100 while using original VW parts.
any comments on using the third party.
thanks
Add pictures here
✖

with a barge pole, some I'd take to over the dealers. The inde price does sound a bit cheap, but then don't know how much the assembly is either.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
On Jun 10, 9:34 am, snipped-for-privacy@jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:

As the above has said applies. The dealers can charge more. Knowing the person who is doing the job counts. The roll bar does not seem to be a difficult job to do. However on modern vehicles the manufacturers have no consideration for repairs. So there could be snags. Get a manual if you can and have a look at the thing. Recently took my car to a dealer. I immediatly disliked the manager type person too freindly and efficient, I do not know the word that describes that sort but there are a lot of them around these days, kind of in your face, pretencious. The mechanics seemed okay, freindly enough and seemed to know what it was about.
Add pictures here
✖

As the above has said applies. The dealers can charge more. Knowing the person who is doing the job counts. The roll bar does not seem to be a difficult job to do. However on modern vehicles the manufacturers have no consideration for repairs. So there could be snags. Get a manual if you can and have a look at the thing. Recently took my car to a dealer. I immediatly disliked the manager type person too freindly and efficient, I do not know the word that describes that sort but there are a lot of them around these days, kind of in your face, pretencious. The mechanics seemed okay, freindly enough and seemed to know what it was about.
I know what you mean about the VW dealership management. The last time his car went for a service, I went to pay and it took about 1/2 hour while he sat us down and went through the work item by item. It was only a regular service...........
My son has checked the RB costing with the third party and it includes a new bar, bushings and fitting with all VW parts. It's being done today so I will report back later.
Add pictures here
✖

All done, ARB replaced and MOT for £150.....very good. This would have been £300 with the dealership.
Add pictures here
✖

what I will add is that whenever the car has been worked on by the dealership they always wash and hoover it out...which you think is a nice gesture...but not at £150 more.
Add pictures here
✖