VW TDI engine swap-in

Hey guys, Newbie here. Biiigggg newbie... got a question regarding a VW engine... I'm thinking of swapping in a VW TDI engine into my '89 Hyundai Excel... is this even feasible? What would it cost, and what
engine would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Try this http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0311scc_hyundai /
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

That'd be impressive if it used the original Excel engine.
cp
Kaptain Kosmo wrote:

Many questions come to mind. The first being "why in the fuck would anyone be so stupid as to even contemplate such a thing?" But that's just the inner voice talking.
Since this is neither a VW nor a Hyundai newgroup, I'm not sure how you'd think anyone would know the answer to that.
E.P.