Wandering temperature gauge

Hi All,

Anyone now where the coolant temerature gauge is located in the engine bay on a 2001 A4, 2.0L petrol engine. The gauge on the dash keeps going up and down, maybe a bad wire or faulty sensor I hope.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Ensor

I had this problem and it did turn out to be a faulty sender unit. Don't know where the sender is located though so sorry can't help you with that part.

Reply to
Westy

Can't say for sure where its located on that engine but on 1.8Ts & V6s its at the back of the cylinder head. Odds on its somewhere on the cylinder head.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller