warning lights

hello all i have an audi a6 2.5 tdi 1999 . driving home tonight and my asr, abs and the triangle with the ! in the middle all came on and started beeping any ideas anyone? cheers for any replies stef

Reply to
Stef

It's highly likely that your ABS control module took its last breath. In any event you'd have to get your various modules scanned for faults.

Reply to
Madesio

Scanning the control module is clearly the right thing to do, but the root cause of the problem could be a wheel speed sensor gone to Heaven...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to
Stef

All of the safety assist functions - anti-lock brakes, traction control, yaw recovery - and on some models, "low tire pressure" warnings - rely on the wheel speed sensors. If any one of them is malfunctioning, you can expect a whole lot of upset electronics to give you a wake-up call.

If the wiring to a sensor has been damaged - like broached insulation - it could exhibit symptoms that vary with moisture. But speculation isn't going to fix the car. Have the codes dumped and go from there...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Is it still coming on?

Just after I bought my 2003 Audi my ASR light came on during a very wet journey 5 mths ago, restarting the car got rid of it until I next braked.

I did this four times with the same result, I was resigned to a trip to the garage. But the problem disappeared before I could book it in. 5 mths, 5000 miles later, some of them far wetter than the day when the problem occured and no problem.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to