warning lights

hello all i have an audi a6 2.5 tdi 1999 . driving home tonight and my asr, abs and the triangle with the ! in the middle all came on and started beeping
any ideas anyone? cheers for any replies stef
Stef wrote:

It's highly likely that your ABS control module took its last breath. In any event you'd have to get your various modules scanned for faults.
--
Madesio

Scanning the control module is clearly the right thing to do, but the root cause of the problem could be a wheel speed sensor gone to Heaven...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
when the lights came on and started beeping it was raining and very wet, now this as not happened since i am gonna get the breaks looked asap but would wet and dry conditions make any difference . i was think it was more to do with te traction control but then again my mecanical knowledge is not very good. also the shield underneath the car as come away 2 days prior whilst driving on the motorway shook me up a bit as it went BANG and bits of plastic went everywere i wonder if that as caused some damage?? thanks again stef x

All of the safety assist functions - anti-lock brakes, traction control, yaw recovery - and on some models, "low tire pressure" warnings - rely on the wheel speed sensors. If any one of them is malfunctioning, you can expect a whole lot of upset electronics to give you a wake-up call.
If the wiring to a sensor has been damaged - like broached insulation - it could exhibit symptoms that vary with moisture. But speculation isn't going to fix the car. Have the codes dumped and go from there...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Is it still coming on?
Just after I bought my 2003 Audi my ASR light came on during a very wet journey 5 mths ago, restarting the car got rid of it until I next braked.
I did this four times with the same result, I was resigned to a trip to the garage. But the problem disappeared before I could book it in. 5 mths, 5000 miles later, some of them far wetter than the day when the problem occured and no problem. <fingers crossed>
Mike
Did you change tires?
Mike wrote:

breaks and everything are working fine it happened just the once