Warrenty claims advice please.

2 months ago I bought a private A4 avant 1.9TDi quattro. With full service history and full extended Audi warrenty until feb 2004. I conntacted Audi UK
to change ownership details.
On the ramp inspection (not a Audi) revealed leaking rear diff seals and an oil leak from around the cam cover.
I went to my local Audi dealer about these problems and a small wish list of other minor faults. The service manager agreed to the following as a warrenty claim: all diff seals, wheel bearing, sticking ignition key, non-retracting seat belt, any oil leak problems with the turbo, rear strut lifters on thetailgate door. This cost if not on warrenty would be about £1500.
However when the car was in for the work they refused as the Audi warrenty was not in my name. The Audi warrenty card is not from Audi but a company called AON warrenty group nothing to do with Audi UK !!
So I have now called my dealer again an ask them to check cover before my car goes in again. They will not cover wheel bearing, non-retracting seat belt, rear strut lifters on thetailgate door. But will cover the diff seals and turbo oil leak. providing the claim is not above £1000 per claim.
This bomb proof warrenty seems to have a few holes.
Have you had any success, is there a way of talking to Audi to get the best from them ?????????????
Further more how can a car with full service history have so many problems.
Any views appreciated.
Andrew UK
Add pictures here
✖
2 months ago I bought a private 1998 A4 avant 1.9TDi quattro. With full service history and full extended Audi warrenty until feb 2004. I conntacted Audi UK to change ownership details.
[...]
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:08:00 -0000, "Andrew Parton"

So the full extended Audi warranty is not a real _audi_ warranty? Did you check with 'AON' for them to cover the repairs?

I'd ask the previous owner.
Sorry, I really wish you good luck with the warranty case.
Gruß
Wolfgang
--
*
(Das ist meine Standard-Sig gezipped mit Sigzip)

Add pictures here
✖

problems.
As a mechanic once told me, a service history only covers the essentials of the car and a check of everything else. Its up to the owner to put right anything that is diagnosed as a problem.
Ergo, you can get the car MOT'd only to have it fail. A full service history is a good starting sign of a careful owner, but it is not everything. You basically have to add it to the list of "plus points" when looking whether to purchase.
Add pictures here
✖

UK
an
of
That sounds correct, as long as we ignore the bit about "full extended Audi warranty". If it ain't Audi, then it ain't Audi.
TBH, it may well be better.

seals
best
problems.
OK. Let's take another view. A car hits yours from behind (their fault, admitted on-scene). Do you claim from a) their insurance company, b) your insurance company, or c) someone completely random whose name you found in the phone book.
Or, possibly, Eagle Star, on the basis that you'd like to fund then for four months. (Don't ask! I'd rather invite the local leper colony round for a Christmas knees-off than so much as give an Eagle Star broker directions. Unless the street name legitimately included a *lot* of spit to pronounce ;o)
If it's (c), then you probably don't need the sort of care that can be offered by this group ;o)
While I personally evaluated the extended Audi warranty and decided that it's a thorough waste of money, YMMV. If you have any other form of insurance, then that will almost certainly take precedence.
HTH
Hairy One Kenobi
Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the opinion in the first place. So there!
Add pictures here
✖