water in headlight, 2003 A6

I have a 2003 A6 with Xenon lights. One of the housings has water in it and I want to pull the entire assembly to see if I can seal it up better. I have removed 2 screws from the top side and the assembly is now loose, but something is still holding it in. Any ideas? Also, any ideas on how the water gets in the assembly?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
Don Gunn

TonyJ

Reply to
TonyJ

Thanks Tony. For anyone concerned, it was a little different for my 2003 A6 from the link below:

2 top screws

1 screw on the outside (fender side) at the bottom, accessed through a small round hole in the top lip of the fender. You need a very long torx screwdriver to reach this screw, and it is very hard to see from the top. Unlike the A4 this screw needs to be fully removed, not just loosened.

a round "peg" on the lower inside of the assembly slips into a round pivot point near the grill. After the above 3 screws are removed first slide the assembly to the outside of the car, and then bring forward

Putting it back together takes some wiggling and some luck and lots of patience!

Don

Reply to
Don Gunn