Water in passenger side footwell during rain

The car is an Audi 100 2.0 litre (1986).
What would be the most likely cause of water in the footwell during rain?
TIA

Could be similar to my findings with an A6, which I reported in thread titled "A6, 2000, 1.8T, Water ingress, Wipers, Windows & other Woes...." which you could search for in this group's archives.
regards Ian
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:22:14 GMT, "Ian G"

Thanks, I will look in the general area of the battery.
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:22:14 GMT, "Ian G"

Sure enough, when I looked under the battery, there was a bloody big hole rusted right through to the passenger compartment. I thought these bodies were rustproof. Who'd have thunk it? LOL

Almost certainly due to acid leakage/spillage. The body may be reasonably well protected against normal corrosion, but it's more difficult to protect against acid!
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

I'd second that. Failure to deal with spilt acid from a split battery resulted in the demise of my much loved Audi 100. (hint. the steering rack mounting is pretty close. Well spotted by the MOT tester)
Ian

THOUGHT