Wax recommendation

Hi,
I just got a 2002 A4 1.8T Quattro (denim blue, stick). Just over a year and a half old and still looking like new. I'd like to keep it that way
but the environment here in Canada is quite unforgiving. What kind of wax would do guys use and how often? Anybody tried the Five Star Shine? What do you do to protect it in the winter (other than regular washes)?
Cheers, D.

I usually do two detailing sessions a year on my '01 A4, one before winter (to protect it), and one in the spring (to get rid of all the crap that accumulated during winter).
My detailing is pretty basic and consists of claybar followed by 2-3 coats of Zaino (Z1 and Z2). Since Zaino is a synthetic polymer sealant, it lasts quite a while - up to half a year. If you have swirlmarks, you'll need additional products and routines.
Apart from the above, I just handwash it weekly (or every other week) with Meguiar's Gold Class shampoo (P21S is also good) and a sheepskin mitt.
That's all the time I'm willing to spend on my A4, although you can do much more, if you'd like. Have a look at this, if you want more:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext51.shtml
Cheers,
Pete
Thanks for the info Pete. Zaino sounds good.
Dusan
Pete wrote:

Hi,
I have a 1998 A6 with 130K miles on it, and it still looks almost new. I use the Zymol range of organic products. www.zymol.com They take a bit of effort but I can assure you that the results are well worth it.
Ashley

Been using Mother's paste wax for years on many cars and motorcycles. I've been told it has the highest amount of Carnuba available. I've tried the others, but always come back to Mother's. ;-)
Regards,
Howard