Webasto telestart T90 : useful for other cars?

I drive a Land Rover, and bought a Webasto heater unit. On Ebay I find several Telestart-units for this. Normally, a Telestart T70, or T80 would do. Volkswagen and audi cars seem to have T90-telestart-kits. Is
there a difference? Can I use a complete T90 Volkswagen Telestart kit (handset and receiver) in a vehicle of an other brand?