What am i to choose?

Hi group...
Im in the market for a used Audi...again ;o) I cant seem to decide whether i should go for an A6 Avant or the A4 equivalent. Were talking 2000-2001 models.
I drove a 97 A4 1.8T Limo tt before - and got cured of "turbo-curiosity", since it all broke down, and costed me a minor fortune *g* Said in other words, im looking for 2,4 litres and above...but need some feedback on "whys" and "whats" and so on...
The car has to be with automatic transmission, because im lazy and love it ;o)
I hope to hear some good advices from you guys (yes...ive been lurking the group for a long time, and i trust you *s*)

Really...no recommendations!? :o(
--
Gio