What opened the windows?

I just went to my garage and after unlocking and fetching something from one of my cars (allroad 2005), I turned away to attend to another vehicle. I later went back to the allroad to secure it and found that all four
windows were fully opened. What did that? What sequence of remote fob presses or door closes will cause the car to open all its windows?
Tony

I think there is a faulty Convenience module on some Audi's, this will need taking to your dealer, unless you accidentally used to auto open in your house (sitting on the key) which I doubt very much.
To Auto open your windows, just hold the unlock button on your keyfob and all the windows go down.

Many thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I wish the owners manual was machine readable so I could find stuff like this.
Tony
Interestingly, on my Allroad, one must insert the key in the door, manually unlock it, and hold the key in the unlock position for a few seconds for all the windows to roll down. Pressing and holding the unlock button on the keyfob will not auto open the windows. For which country does this keyfob function work?
John Allroad '04 Canada

Works on Australian A4-A6-A8 2002 onwards.
--
Mike Mitchell
Queensland Hire

I'd imagine any country that has a VAG tool or emulator to enable all of the "neato" optional features that aren't set by default...
It *should* work everywhere, but may have been disabled. Note that you need to hold down the button for *at least* 5 seconds before it will operate.

I was grateful to learn why my car behaved as it did but I am puzzled why this function was ever invented. The "close all" has obvious advantages, but if Audi's rocket scientists wanted something to do with a long press on the unlock key, I would have voted for "open all 1 inch and tilt roof" over the unusual and IMO pretty useless choice they settled upon.
Tony

If you want the windows open by one inch, then you can release the button when the windows have opened to that position!

Nope. I tried it several times. Also, there is nothing in the manual about the keyfob function. They call it "convenience open/close" depending on to which side you turn and hold the key in the lock. I assume its the same in the USA as the manual is the same for both Canada and USA. Any Americans have any input on this keyfob function?
John Allroad '04 Canada

I use it all summer long, it lets the blast of furnace heat out of the car before I get in...
It all depends on how the software is set up. You can plug the car into the software and change any of these settings!! Can be done via a laptop and software purchased from some clever guys.
look here http://www.audiworld.com

Check out Module 46: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html