Where is the FM antenna on 04 models?

=46rom the Audi Website, I've learned that the only way I can get the premium sound system is to take the satellite radio option. =20 Unfortunately, two unacceptable options come with this:

  1. A subscription service for the radio.=20
  2. An ugly lump on the roof. =20

The fix for #1 is just don't pay for the satellite service. The fix for #2 is to remove the lump/satellite antenna and plug the hole.. This will only work if the FM section of the radio will still work with the lump removed. Is the FM radio antenna located in a window?

Doug Warner

Since you didn't mention the model, I assume they're in the same place in every model ;). The -04 A3 at least has the radio antenna in the back window, somewhere in the top integrated to something (this part I can't remember, but upper part of the window) ;)

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman

From the Audi Website, I've learned that the only way I can get the premium sound system is to take the satellite radio option. Unfortunately, two unacceptable options come with this:

  1. A subscription service for the radio.
  2. An ugly lump on the roof.

The fix for #1 is just don't pay for the satellite service. The fix for #2 is to remove the lump/satellite antenna and plug the hole.. This will only work if the FM section of the radio will still work with the lump removed. Is the FM radio antenna located in a window?

++++++

I thought the ugly lumps were GPS antennae...?

Reply to
Patrick Owen

You sure? My rear screen has two vertical lines running down the entire height of the screen, which I presumed was the aerial.

Reply to
Toby Groves

I just trusted the word of my dealer, who told me this info when I bought the car.

- Yak

Reply to
Michael Burman