Whining noise from engine...

Hi Folks,

My car (Audi A4 1.8T 2003) has just started to emit a high pitched whine from the engine. The car has done about 21K miles.

Any ideas what this might be?

Many thanks

Paddy UK

Reply to
Paddy Coleman

I am guessing it has something to do with the turbo. I would get it looked at ASAP.

Reply to
Anonymous

hilarious

Reply to
daytripper

Funny that, I've had an intermittent whining from the passenger seat since I bought my A4. "Don't go so fast" "Don't go around corners like that" "You are not on a race track now"

I'm assuming you have checked under the bonnet for anything obvious, i.e. levels, nothing loose and therefore vibrating (i.e. engine cover), plastic bag snagged somewhere (you would be surprised)

Assuming so, get it checked NOW by a main dealer, especially if it's not speed related. You are obviously covered by warranty (assuming no naughty mods) and ignoring problems until something goes bang can be a valid reason for claims getting complicated. However, when it's been checked and it goes bang, well that's a different story.

Reply to
Monkeys

Now isn't that strange - I have had the *very same* whining from every car I've driven for the past 20 years. Intermittant - the lighter the vehicle payload, the less likely the whining. Here's the rub - the cost of fixing the whining exceeds the entire car stable's value by two orders of magnitude. I just follow Tom and Ray's advice - I turn up the radio. ;)

Reply to
Jonesy