Why wouldn't a 2002 S-8 sell?

My local dealer has a 21,000 mile S-8 for sale for around $65,000 or so. I test drove it in February, before buying my Viper. But I'm trolling around the lot again. Why isn't that car already sold? Anyone have negatives to report (or positives) on the S-8 ? I think I've liked this car ever since seeing it in the movie Ronin.

Reply to
REInvestments

You don't say where you're from, but from around here in Canada, a S8 is sold brand new at that price!

I personally like the car myself.

Reply to
R Green

Sorry. United States, Silicon Valley, California. That's American dollars.

I remember looking at houses on the ocean in Victoria, and thinking...... hmmmm..... $700,000 seems like a lot of money for that house. And then it dawned on me that in American dollars, we were talking $450,000 on the water in a beautiful town.

Still didn't do it, but the dollar differential was very interesting.

Larry

Reply to
REInvestments

Not bad. Where I live (Long Island), $450K gets you a so-so house in a so-so neighborhood on a smallish lot, nowhere near the water.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

At this price, most people want something new I guess. Anyway, another year and price will probably come down 20-25K$.

A brand new A8 is almost the same price and the same power.

Reply to
Saintor

Ouch. I wouldn't like to pay the local taxes on it. An ordinary home here is around 120K$. At 450K$, you have a castle. :)))

Reply to
Saintor

It's mostly the same here in So. Cal. There are a few exceptions if you shop around but for the most part, nowadays, $450k will get you into a decent, but not great neighborhood. The house my parents got for just over $300k in 1985 is now worth around $700k, although we moved out nearly 5 years ago. People got real scared during our mess with the governer, because they were talking about re-assesing property values so the property taxes could be adjusted on homes that had been owned for a few years or more. There are people who bought in my current neighborhood in 1979-81 when the first houses were being built who have now got their homes either paied off, or close to it, and many of them are retired, middle-class people who couldn't afford the taxes on these homes if they were being charged according to current value.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

I wish prices around here (UK, Thames Valley) were that low!

Reply to
Peter Bell

I test drove it in February, before buying my Viper. But I'm trolling around the lot again. Why isn't that car already sold? Anyone have negatives to report (or positives) on the S-8 ? I think I've liked this car ever since seeing it in the movie Ronin.

one word/phrase RS6.

why would you get a S8, when the RS6 has so much more power??

Reply to
Tha Ghee