Window Prob

Got a strange prob with my 96 A4 2.6 SE, occasionally when locking the car sometimes the passenger side window will open itself within a few seconds or so of locking the car, sometimes it goes part way down, sometimes all the way, anyone had strange things like this happen?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Have you actually seen it happen, or have you just noticed that the window was down? It's a known issue but I'm not sure if there is a technical problem or if people press the switches by accident when they open the door and step out of the car. The fix is to program the ECU so the windows stop working when the ignition is of or as soon as one door is open. The default is that you can operate the windows 1 minute after a door has been opened (ignition off). But I don't think it can be done to your car. It couldn't be changed on my '96 1.8T.

Reply to
Jone Tytlandsvik

The exact thing has happened on my 11/2000 A3 a couple of times but it's ok now...strange indeed...

Reply to
Holy Boy