Window Switch A6

I have an Audi A6 Quatro. The window switch on the driver's door does not work. How do I get it out of the door handle. There is a hole in the door handle. Does that help to remove the switch?

On the 92 model the switch (all 4 in one body) is spring loaded, push it toward the back and pry the front edge up. However, electrical contact cleaner can be sprayed in without removing anything and will come in handy when the next switch becomes intermittent.
If the contact cleaner doesn't work, I'd bet a pint of Guinness that the wire in the accordion boot between the door and jamb is broken. Those are fun to fix!
does

in
Thanks for your help. My Audi is a 1998 do you think that it would come out the same way? On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:20:06 -0600, "Tom Amundsen"