Windows rattle on 2002 A6

My Audi A6 (SE) has an annoying problem - the front windows rattle slightly. There is a "pattering" sound from the top of the window frame on all but the very smoothest of surfaces. It stops immediately I open the (electric) windows, or if I press hard at the top of the window where it joins the frame.

Anyone else noticed this? Any way of stopping it? I've had it to the dealer twice, but they can't stop it.

Thanks

Reply to
Heinz G

I suspect they'll be able to stop it if you tell them you'd like a new door if they can't fix it. 8-)

Chris Mauritz

Same here on my A4 2001 ... Sounds like the top of the glass rubbing against the rubber in the frame (during normal vibrations when driving). It stops when the window is just under 100% closed. A different car I had did this and I sprayed silicone on the rubber ... the Audi you can't see the rubber portion. I never asked the dealer about it, figuring they might do more harm than good.

Reply to
Jim