Windoze for Audi service manual?

The only service manual for a 2006/2007 Audi A3 that I can find is at Bentley Publishers. According to their web site, viewing the manual online or on disc requires Windows 2000/XP. Is that for a PDF helper
that I can bypass or is the material really encoded for only Windows?
I'm stunned. I wouldn't have bought the car knowing that Windows would be needed to service it.
Well you might have to wait for a paper version to come out. But since you are on a computer some of the time I will ASSuME that you are either using UNIX or maybe Apple. Local USA library might have a computer you can use to view info online if you don't wish to purchase an inexpensive compatible computer. <g> Not sure if the software you can use will allow you to run the eBahn stuff from CD.
Are you sure you will need Windows 2K or newer to view the online stuff? Did you go there to see what you can view now with your computer? http://www.bentleypublishers.com/ebahn/web.info_gen.htm
Compatibility/System Requirements eBahn Web is usable on a PC and requires Internet Explorer 6.0 (with Javascript and Cookies enabled), Adobe Reader 7.0, Windows Media Player 10 and Macromedia Flash Player 8.0. Because eBahn Web is an entirely online product our compatibility support will cover browser issues, but will not cover any problems between your operating system and the browser that you are using.
--
later,
dave

The requirements for the web site look a lot like the requirements for the software. "Internet Explorer 6.0" is Windows only. Microsoft's web site says "Windows Media Player 10" is strictly for Windows XP.
My girlfriend has a Windows laptop but it's an old beater that only semi-runs. My Mac laptop is PowerPC G4 based so Wintel emulation would be much too slow. Working on the car from printouts off a desktop computer sounds tedious. At least with my previous three cars, maybe 100 pages might be referenced for a project like replacing the sound system.

And what am I supposed to to? I don't even have a computer... it's all so unfair...
Geddit? ;o)
Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

Buy your girlfriend a new Windoze laptop and 'borrow' it?
You wrote: "Working on the car from printouts off a desktop computer sounds tedious." Yeah it is a little, but you print up all the pages that you might need and if the pages get dirty during the job...throw them away and print new ones! ;-)
I see computers here going for $65 or less with Win2K http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/320997159.html
I would recommend a laptop so you can become more portable and expandable. You can even purchase the ross-tech.com vag-com interface and use it with the laptop. ;-)
JMHO
--
later,
dave