Winner or Loser?

I've bought about one month ago Audi A6 2.4 V6 2001. They told me, that the car contain Tiptronic gearbox but they sold me with Multitronic. Am I winner or loser?

The Multitronic was introduced after the Tiptronic, so it's the newer version of a similar thing.
Tom.

Andy Walton wrote:

A completely different thing, actually. Tiptronic is a conventional torque-converter automatic transmission, Multitronic is a CVT. Me, I'd take the CVT.
-- Mike Smith
"Mike Smith" wrote

Me, too. It doesn't rob as much power off the engine as a conventional automatic does, and it also gets fuel economy as good as a manual.
Cheers,
Pete
snipped-for-privacy@luukku.com (Tomi) wrote:

I guess that depends on whether you get on okay with it. The Multi should provide better performance and fuel economy than the Tip, but many people find the Multi's initial delay on a standing start to be rather annoying.

(Tomi) wrote:

'bellfamily')
Wasnt the Multitronic fitted to FWD models, and Tiptronic fitted to quattro, that was my understanding, its also why the 0-60 speeds are slightly higher for the tip, as its 4wd and hence heavier.
Ronny

Correct - but only because the Multitronic has never been adapted to the quattro drive train. However, before the availability of multitronic, even fwd models were fitted with the tiptronic gearbox.

Original tests did compare the original tip fwd with the replacement multi version.

Thanks for all of you good comments. I live in southern part of Finland and there are also snow about 4 months per year. They use very much salt on the main roads and therefore roads are usually wet in winter. Cars in Finland are very much smaller and very very much expensive than example in USA. Also gas cost much and its about 4.50$ per gallon!.
But the differences between multi- and tiptronic is there. I found it last night.
http://www.audiworld.com/news/99/multitronic/content.shtml
Have a nice autumn all off you! rgds Tomi

If you live in a snowy place, surely you need manual? and especially quattro, tip or mult is not needed.
I may be wrong but I would imagine driving in heavy snow easy in a manual