WTF is Art Thinking?

Page 1 of 3
With so many factual interesting things to discuss why the hell is Art wasting his time talking to bozos about aliens "occupying" Earth and
impregnating women?
snipped-for-privacy@hitler.org (ElvisHitler), Wrote:

I listened for about 10 min. in my car at 3:15 am in the morning. He mentioned devices such as sexual stimulation gagets for use on the abductees and priming "adolesents" for future use and "9,10,11,12 year olds" in the same paragragh. The signal kept fading in and out so I could not determine if this was some wacky pedo fantasy. He also went on about the importance of re-abducting the "mothers of the hybrids" for the purpose of breastfeeding.
Utter Bullshit that Aliens would need or want Humans for breeding purposes. Not only is the fantasic farce of genome differences obvious to even the non scientist, but the fact that a species with a superior technology and the ability circumvent time and space would need Human DNA to mate 'cause of their genetic weakness is silly. Kinda like us with spaceflght but without Watson and Crick and not understanding the double helix concept.
This whole 'abduction' phenomena for lack of a better word strikes me as yet another pseudo-religion grasping in desperation to learn the ultimate truth of the Universe and/or a savior of sorts. The fact of the matter is that the Universe does not present a sentient ambassader nor a deity to do pallor tricks for her children. That is the secret. We're on our own and no one is coming to save us from ourselves, at least in biological form assuming an afterlife.
--
Keith

_____

In the Rabbit Mobile. How's it running? Think you'll get another one someday?

I believe Kansan would beg to differ.

Well, that may be true but I've got some great news Bunn. ...... I just saved a fortune on car insurance by switching to Crapco! (To steal a line from your favorite commercial.)
snipped-for-privacy@crapco.com (PaulLuvlyturd), Wrote:

<In the Rabbit Mobile. How's it running?
My GTi is running fine. Although I'm thinking of trading in and getting one of these:
http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_115.shtml
Now there's a Rabbit that 'll *really* hop. And convert to run on Natural Gas.

But this! <grown 42 year old man panting like an adolescent Boy looking at his first Playboy>
http://www.audiworld.com/news/03/082903/
http://vwvortex.vortexmediagroup.com/artman/publish/iaa_03/article_197.shtml
My God. How delightful it would be to dance on twisty mountain roads of New Jersey with this magnificent beast.
Of course, I'd order this cute accessory Bunny as a companion.
http://www.moviemaze.de/celebs/141.html
I'd even let her drive. Put the top down and scream, "Run Lola Run!".
<snipped>

And I have to hear it daily ad nauseam on the radio out of NYC with the ad ending "not available in NJ or Mass". IIRC, upon reading a consumers website a while ago, it stated that their rates were not any cheaper than the rest of the thieves. Almost as annoying as those 'Onstar' ads featuring dolts who somehow manage to lock their keys inside the car alone or along with children. Some even while the auto is still running.
How does one accomplish such a feat if the remote locking is on the _key_ ring???
--
Keith

_____
http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_115.shtml
http://www.audiworld.com/news/03/082903 /
http://vwvortex.vortexmediagroup.com/artman/publish/iaa_03/article_197.shtml
http://www.moviemaze.de/celebs/141.html
I'd even let her drive. Put the top down and scream, "Run Lola Run!".
(snip)
All these V6 and V8 engines are OK, but I'm still waiting for someone to put out a nice sports car with an INLINE V6. Now that would be ultra cool. Screw the "V" format, give me something that will rev SMOOTHLY beyond 6K. VRRRRRrrrrrrrOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!! Heck, even Chevy put out an SUV recently with an Inline 6. I was drooling. Didn't like the platform, though. And of course, no real tranny available :( -Dave

Jaguar XKE.
Ford Falcon (Austrailia)
Other various Jaguars, BMWs, etc.
Dodge Dart
Dave C.wrote:

At that point ya might as well add ford maverick, chevy nova, etc etc...
Brent P wrote:

Wouldnt the "boxer", with opposing, coplanar cylinders be a better design? Subaru has a 6 cyl boxer engine, it is called H I believe, on their Outback (?) model.

Oh, I guess I should have added, and not a Ford. :) -Dave
Brent P wrote:

Out in the driveway is a Toyota Cressida w/ .... an Inline Six.
Runs real good, and a faulty radiator overheating the motor didn't cause the head to warp, slipping the gasket and Oh I cant go on!
TBerk
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:04:34 GMT, "Dave C."

Toyota Supra TT? Or is that a V6 as well?

Do you know about Bimmers Dave? They have everything you want! Great cars too. Given that you seem to be a fairly "aggressive" driver (kudos to you), the M3 might be right up your street. Fast, responsive, awesome handling, inline six, real tranny (6sp). But then, at 74 grand with cloth seats (!), it had better be darn good.
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada
e-mail: remove spamfreezone to reply

Yeah, if I thought they weren't terribly overpriced, I'd consider one. I have nothing against bimmers at all, just don't see the value in them (compared to the competition), even if they do have the inline 6, real tranny, etc. I mean, it would be child's play to put out a nice 2005 or later smallish sedan (not coupe, not hatchback, not mini-SUV, not two-door with false back seat) with powerful inline 6, manual tranny, possibly even REAR wheel drive with limited slip differential AND keep the price down to say ~$35 K or less. Easy! Why it hasn't been done is a real mystery, as that puppy would probably outsell the top ten (camry?, taurus, etc.) combined, in the U.S. at least. -Dave

Lexus IS300 is inline-6 and less $$$ than BMWs. Also the GS300 and SC300 use the same I6. At lease the IS300 is available with a manual transmission; all are RWD.
Floyd

Damn, I'll have to look into that. :) -Dave
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:57:46 -0700, "fbloogyudsr"

This is the car that was intended to take the 3 series head on.

The SC300 was too apparently, but that car was never officially imported to Canada. The very sleek SC400, now superseded by the 430, was/is sold here - no manual tranny though. Some say that was an oversight on Toy... uhh, I mean Lexus' part, but I don't think so, 'cos companies like that don't make "oversights". I think they deliberately chose not to offer the 400 series cars with a MT 'cos they felt it unnecessary (which is true to a large degree based on the performance profile of that car and the target market), perhaps not realizing that some people want to drive a three pedal car just for the sake of operating a clutch and shifter, even though it makes precious little practical and noticeable difference to the car's performance (added weight aside) when you have a bajillion lb-ft of torque on tap at peak torque revs, with most of that bajillion being available just off fast idle. Good thing those cars have traction control. :}
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada
e-mail: remove spamfreezone to reply
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:26:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@spamfreezone.yahoo.ca (Ricardo) wrote:

They're not that powerful. Sad thing is they already had a robust 6-speed MT (from the Supra) that bolts right on. Oh well, I'm sure they did their market research...

SC4x0s? Actually, in relative terms you're right in so far as a 6cyl 3.2L BMW M3 being able to smoke 'em in raw hp terms. But the SC400 can still haul to 100kph in something shy of seven seconds, and aiui it's endowed with quite a bit more in the mass department than are the M cars.

It is sad (ish), but I think one ought to blame the EPA for this more than Toyota/Lexus. It is stupid EPA rules that require separate certification for different motor/tranny combos, after all.

And it seemed to pay off. They never even bothered trying to sell the three litre snail to Canajuns...
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada
for liability purposes: I *always* obey the law.
"Dave C." wrote:

Almost sounds like the Mazda RX-8. Well, almost.
TBerk

Talking of which, I eyed a couple of specimen of the REAL thing at my local Mazda dealer recently. I actually sat in it and got the feel of the interior (very nice), though sadly the battery was dead so no adjusting the driver seat to see how much room there was. Apparently there are only 700 RX8s lined up for sale in Canada, and the dealer was friendly and very happy to let me check out this new baby that he knew full well I couldn't afford in a month of Lotto winning Saturdays. He was equally eager to show me the new Mazda 6 and how it's selling like hot cakes and the fact (?) that it handles better than the RX8 on the 'pad and all that kinda stuff. Ahh, nothing beats the joy of checking out cars you can't afford (other than checking out the same cars if you CAN afford them, of course!).
And no, that is not the reason I was at the dealer. I was looking for a tin of body paint, but that won't be in till next Monday. Maybe they'll have some new cars in by then, hh. (OK, so some of us never grow up; when I was a lot younger I enjoyed getting the feel of the hundred plus kay luxos at my local Merc dealer, say, when my mom was interested in buying a new Merc, something she didn't do in the end, sigh.)