y2k A6 2.7T

Hi,

I own a 2000 A6 2.7T which I've had for 9 months now. Really awesome car to drive!

Having only a couple of minor problems.

1) LCD Display in instrument cluster has dead pixels and is at times unreadable. Got a quote from Audi dealership for replacement of the entire instrument cluster as they claim that the eintire cluster has to be replaced. They also claim that the cluster is coded to the car and can only be replaced by a new one. This comes to about US$1200 !

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

Car is also somewhat underpowered at times.

any advice?

Reply to
Burbletrack

It's true that the instrument cluster is coded to the car. I have the same car and some dead pixels. Repair is by replacement, regrettably. As for the power part, there are several things it might be: bad turbo(s), split piping on the boost side, split 'F' hose, bad diverters. I recommend going to audiworlds and searching in the forums. A wealth of knowledge awaits. HTH

Reply to
Glenn Spence