03 X 5 Fan Blower stopped then works

I had my 03 X 5 in idle for about 5 minutes, ran an errand. When I came back, fan blower had stopped. Moving the fan speed to max etc did not make it come back on.
Shut off the X 5 for about 30 minutes. When I came back, started it up and the fan now works.
Since my X 5 is under extended warranty, what should the dealer check? The obvious suspect is the Final Resistor, but that either goes off completely or works, right?
Thanks.
gw