1 series wipers

I've got a 2006 1 series with auto wipers. Unfortunately this morning the front wipers have stopped working - no manual wipers or auto wipers. Has anybody else experienced this? What could be causing it?

Reply to
Steve

On 7/6/2006 12:22 AM, Steve went clickity-clack on the keyboard and produced this interesting bit of text:

The first thing to do whenever an electrical device stops working (except light bulbs) is to check the fuse.

Reply to
Voinin

The problem is now affecting the auto-headlight sensors - ie the headlights are staying on regardless of the lighting conditions. It's bright blue sky and 28C and the sensor thinks the car needs its lights on.

Vo> On 7/6/2006 12:22 AM, Steve went clickity-clack on the keyboard and

Reply to
Steve

On 7/6/2006 6:20 AM, Steve went clickity-clack on the keyboard and produced this interesting bit of text:

You should still check the fuse for the wipers. The problems could be related, but the fuse is the first thing I'd check for the wipers.

As for the headlights, this is beyond my experience.

Reply to
Voinin

Most enlightened countries require daytime running lights. Maybe BMW is equipping all their cars with it now.

Reply to
Nobody Important

This means most/almost all of western Europe is in the unenlightened (geddit?) dark ages....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Hee. I'm quite surprised at that - the safety benefit has been well-proven for a long time now. When I was in Germany over Christmas there were many road signs recommending it but I guess it's not a law yet.

From a website I found:

The obligation to drive with lights on ? in some places since the 70s ? already exists in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Iceland, Macedonia, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Lithuania, Hungary and Italy. In Germany, Switzerland and France, car drivers are recommended to drive with their lights on during the day.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Maybe the signs were before tunnels...

DAS