10W-60 oil availability

Page 2 of 2
not sure about addrer1969 - despite an apparent UK/ GB address does not know BMWs here in Britain have a 3 year warranty.
Also I recall issues years ago with a 6 cylinder engine and BMW had them
repaired out of warranty so long as they had been serviced "properly"
Now what else do you want to slag off in the UK?
Taxes too high ? lowest total take in western europe/eastern europeans risking their lives to get here! :-))
lurkio wrote:

The food and weather ;-)
I keep forgetting that britain is part of europe.
The point I was making is that in the US, BMW NA seems to have a much better customer service program than over here.
adder1969 wrote:

surely you can get a nice chinese or Indian :-) and thanks to the motorist (and no-one else) we are getting better weather!

Thats is true, a hell of a lot od dealers get away with sh**y service in this country and just because one has B&O stereos and free real coffee does not stop them being Arfur Daley (as you saw in another post about my mates new/ not new car - probably the dealer even kept the VAT so even more of a fiddle)

Magnuson-Moss act states that a manufacturer may not require the use of a specific brand of aftermarket product unless it is provided free of charge.
RCE

Not exactly, but it does apply. BMW does not, however, require Castrol oil. For example, my M3 manual states:
10W-60 API SJ/CF
Doesn't mention Castrol anywhere