1981 528i parts car - Saskatoon

My project car never got off the ground.

My first BMW was a 79 528i - drove it for years, but the body was starting to disintegrate. Found an 81 in good condition with a blown motor - had intentions of swapping my good engine into the 81.

Got as far as pulling the motor out of both cars, scrapped the 79 body and the piled up motor from the 81. Motor from the 79 was running when I parked the car - needed a tuneup, possibly valve adjustment. Powertrain in the 79 was 4-speed manual, tranny is still with the motor.

81 is silver gray with dark blue interior - automatic with sunroof. Body is in GOOD condition - very little rust, paint is oxidized. I have all the parts from disassembling both cars that were not obviously ruined, including injection bodies, manifolds, rads, powersteering, a/c compressors, both trannies, oil pan, etc, etc, etc.

Not really interested in parting this out - I want my garage back. If you don't want the package, you will need to make it worth my while to get just individual parts. I don't know what all of this is worth, but i am sure that I will find out pretty quickly. I know what I paid for the 81, and I have added a motor that I know was working - I also know that I am not going to find the time to put it all back together.

Reply by email as I do not frequent alt.autos.bmw on any regular basis to northpohlYOUKNOWWHATTODO(at)shaw(dot)ca

I have a digital camera, so pictures can be provided to serious inquiries.

Reply to
Dave Pohl