1986 325e

Having a problem with intermittent starting. It will crank just fine but no spark. Last time this happened I metered the coil and found that when I measured from the - side to the engine block whle having someone turn the key it magically started. I am getting 12V - 13V from both sides of the coil. IS this correct? Again this morning same condition - cranks, but no spark. Have not yet had time to see if magic works again. Any suggestions? I have checked as many ground point as I can find and all seem clean/tight. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, JK

Reply to
john kerbert

Check the two connectors mounted on the driver side of the block. The wires go to the reference speed and position sensors or whachamacallit mounted on the transmission. They maybe loose.

Reply to
yaofeng