1986 bmw oil pump

In trying to remedy a massive oil leak in my 325es I dropped the oil pan and removed the oil pump. all was going well till i found a small washer and broken piece of the fiberlike washer that fits on the shaft of the oil pump at the bottom of the oil pan. I dry fit the pump before attaching the gasket to the oil pan and all seemed ok till i lost the shaft in the bottom of the pan and also lost the orientation of these parts. is there a rebuild kit I can get and if so where? I am in Boston Ma.anyone have a drawing of how these washers sit on the shaft. and since the oil pump has to attach as you put the oil pan on is there an easy method? shaft into the block and fit the pump or shaft in pump then fit into block?

Reply to
cheska

Figured it out.The shaft is sold complete with washers on it for a mere $10.

Reply to
cheska