1986 E30 glove compartment won't open

The glove box on my 1986 325 won't open and I'm trying to figure out how to disassemble it without breaking anything. For what it's worth, it appears that the lock is messed up such that although the key turns the cylinder, it never actually seems to unlock and therefore I can't open it. I've just recently bought it (as a project car) so I've never seen the inside of it and don't know where I might safely pry, for example. It looks like there are three bolts at the very back of it attaching to the firewall, but I'm not sure if removing those will help. Any advice?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset