1987 320i E30

Hello everybody.
Is there any particular reason for the rev-counter/tachometerand 'economy' indicator to have stopped working completely, after disconnecting the battery last weekend for a slow overnight recharge ?
Any pointers would be very welcome. The fuses look OK
Many thanks in advance
Andrew Allen

Andrew,
most likely old/fault y batteries in the SI board
do a google search. http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=articles&report=view&ID 043&Section
keith

The SI batteries have probably died. You need to fit new AA size NICADs with solder tags just behind the service indicator lights. Charge them before installation. I had a 525e with the same fault.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:40:49 +0000, John Burns

Many thanks to Keith and John for your rapid replies. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to dive into the entrails of the dash board again !
Thanks again
Andrew