1988 528e cruise control

push forward, the car accelerates, thats it.........no hold speed etc.......where is the CC relay?????? not the computer, the relay?

Add pictures here
✖

Go over to www.mye28.com and join the bunch (free). You will not find a better or more knowledgeable bunch of E28 folks anywhere.
FWIW, pushing the lever forward IS how the speed is set, so something else is wrong with yours. -- C.R. Krieger (on my 5th E28)
Add pictures here
✖

thanks, I've been looking all over for groups, found a couple. I agree, I'm thinking it's the CC solenoid but not sure where it is, that or the computer or....maybe the cigarette lighter....lol.......nathan
Add pictures here
✖
E28 Guy© wrote:

The problem could be the CC switch on the steering column. Push and release sets the cruise. Push and hold is accelerate. The switch could be getting stuck in the "pushed" position.
Add pictures here
✖