1988 528e cruise control

push forward, the car accelerates, thats it.........no hold speed etc.......where is the CC relay?????? not the computer, the relay?

Reply to
Nathan

Go over to

and join the bunch (free). You will not find a better or more knowledgeable bunch of E28 folks anywhere.

FWIW, pushing the lever forward IS how the speed is set, so something else is wrong with yours.

-- C.R. Krieger (on my 5th E28)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

thanks, I've been looking all over for groups, found a couple. I agree, I'm thinking it's the CC solenoid but not sure where it is, that or the computer or....maybe the cigarette lighter....lol.......nathan

Reply to
Nathan

The problem could be the CC switch on the steering column. Push and release sets the cruise. Push and hold is accelerate. The switch could be getting stuck in the "pushed" position.

Reply to
Grizz