1988 735i front right brake sticking?

Hello:) I had this problem last summer and is it got cooler out it was barely noticeable. Now the heat is back and its sticking like mad. I replaced the caliper with no luck. Could barely bleed it so I tried to
replace the soft line with no luck. Took the soft line off the hard tube lines that go to the abs pump and the fluid barely comes out when I step on the brake? Im thinking abs pump holding back pressure? Would the master cylinder hold back pressure? Thanks:)
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:13:53 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (:\) :\)) wrote:

Anything is possible! If it doesn't come out of the steel tube then there is some obstruction.
Can I suggest, if you are getting your hands dirty and have the confidence, remove the connection from the master cylinder to the ABS unit and see if that section is clear. Often the internal seals can break up and block the pipes but this doesn't appear to be the case here.
If the fluid pumps from the master cyl Ok the next thing to look for is the line from the ABS to the wheel. The easiest thing here is to disconnect and blow through with an air line. If all tubes are Ok the it must be the ABS.
New or Used? choice is yours but remember if buying used from a wrecker - not many cars are scrapped due to faulty ABS units so there is a 99% chance of the used one being Ok.
Or you could buy a new car!
Hello:) Thanks for all the tips. I am going to dive into this in a week or so. Im guessing that if I remove the line from the abs pump and the other end from the caliper then it will all 4 wheels will need to be bled correct? I will check this first and if this doesnt do it then I am leaning towards a bad abs. Before I buy the abs I will also check the line for obstruction like you said from the master cylinder to the abs pump... I will keep everyone posted on my outcomes. Thanks again!! :)Nel
The problem you have and the test you report do not jive. Indeed, they are exact oppposites. You might be doing the wrong thing to your car, and since we are talking about brakes, I suggest you tell us in more detail what you think the problem is, and why you think you need to go after the ABS pump.
And, if you are having brake problems -- sticking caliper -- then you have another car to drive while this one waits a week or so for you to get to it, right?

I do not know what your problem is, but the results of the test you describe would lead me to conclude that your brakes did not work, it would not tell me they were locked.
If you had "locked" brakes, you would have a caliper that failed to release when you took your foot off the brake pedal. The test you describe says that the brakes should be ineffective, the caliper fails to close, instead of locked.

Did you try a new brake hose? They can swell up inside and prevent the fluid escaping from the caliper. Not uncommon on older BMWs.
Hello, I did try 3 different brake hoses. That is when I took the rubber hose off completely and found the hard line not spitting out hardly any fluid... Thanks for the help and I will keep everyone posted on the results... :)
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:18:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (:\) :\)) wrote:

Well basically it won't if you pump too hard as the ABS should kick in as it might think that you have lost pressure on one circuit.
Just a thought but probably wrong!