1988 bmw 735i- am sorry guys for using caps i didnt know...

well guys,it used to say on the dash(oil pressure sensor then trans program error)but ever since i changed the sensor it doesnt show anymore.i will check with the parking brake.that is a great idea.any other contributions
will be appreciatted. thanx
You're welcome.
You're allowed (encouraged, really) to use the Reply Group button. This threads the discussion in order of response.
You changed the transmission sensor to eliminate the error message, but did you do anything else to the transmission to actually fix the error that was being displayed?

I have the same car with 140k miles. I keep getting false oil pressure sensor and tail light error messages. Both items are working fine. They want a fortune to fix the dash and it's not worth it.

contributions

Is it the dash that's at fault??

Try cleaning the bulbs and holds with wet and dry paper, i've seen that fix a false reading before.
Check battery volts - may be low.