1989 BMW 325i E30; ABS Indicator Warning Light

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate your help. I reversed the cables when jumpstarting the car (the red wire is negative on my car). Immediately afterwards, the ABS light came on, and it still stays on. No flickering. Solid, uninterrupted, light. Reading these posts, I realized I'd probably blown the famous ABS relay under the dash. So far, this is what I've done:

1) Replaced ABS relay switch under the dash (I couldn't reattach it properly because it clips to a weird hole on the right side of steering column). 2) Grounded ABS relay switch (if this is possible) by attaching negative battery cable to switch and body. It didn't make a difference. 3) Went to a entrepreneur's house. He disassembles BMWs. I replaced my parts with the following parts: a. Replaced the ABS control unit (metal box bolted under driver's side dashboard. b. Replaced the 2 relay switches on the ABS hydraulic unit, driver's side, behind the headlight. 4) Disconnected the negative battery terminal to reset dash warning lights. 5) Left driver's door open for 60 seconds with key in position 2, to reset warning lights.

Nothing worked, so I replaced the parts with my original parts, except the dash RELAY switch, which has been replaced. I confirmed with my mechanic that the old one wasn't working (power wasn't leaving the unit).

I also accidently blew a 7.5amp fuse when I replaced the ABS relay with the wrong part number shipped by a vendor. I replaced the fuse (car would not start without this fuse). And I got the right ABS relay switch...

Any suggestions for testing the ABS system? I don't think it's the sensors, given my reverse jumping. How do you test the system?

Thanks a million. -- Bryan

Reply to
nolamobile

What fault are stored in the fault memory?

Reply to
Robin