1989 BMW 750 il

Hi
How do I know for sure my head gasket is blown? .. I think it is. what are the symptoms? Thanks for your help

Low compression, misfire, water out the exhaust pipe (or steam) - do not confuse with early morning cold starts. Water being pumped out the rad overflow, milky looking oil (increase in oil level if you haven't put any in (re milky looking oil), Super clean spark plugs (if blow in the water jacket area).
Come on guys there must be at least another 20 signs
Sir Hugh of Bognor
--
I used to be an Egotistical Meglomaniac - but now I'm just perfect!

Hugh Gundersen