1991 325i wiper motor pivot assy.

I hope someone has experience with replacing the windshield wiper motor and pivot assembly on a 1991 325i.

I've removed the fan motor and the plastic shroud behind it but cannot get enough clearance to remove the pivot assembly and wiper motor.

Is there a trick that I'm missing?

I hope you can help!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
rayp325i

I have done this job on an e30 ('84 318i) so I can tell you that it can be done. I do recall that it took many attempts to get things oriented just right so that the assembly would come out and that I went back to the book several times to make sure I wasn't missing something because it seemed as though it was impossible. Also I recall that even after finding the best orientation that there was some interference between the left hand wiper shaft and the sheet metal of the heater plenum. Not enough interference that anything got permanently bent but enough that the upper wall of the plenum had to be sprung out of the way. Just keep trying.

Reply to
Jack