1991 520i central locking

Greetings,
Over Christmas, I puchased my first BMW.
I love it.
I was only ever given keys (no remote). The central locking has been dodgy for the past 2 months but now, all of a sudden, turning the key
in the door is incredibly stiff/resistant.
I have to _really_ slam the door to make it close.
Strangely enough this all happened after visiting a car alarm place (today) to resolve this issue.
In a way, it feels as if there is conflict between the mechanics of the door and the electronic servoes.
Can I just look up the number of the fuse for central locking and remove it/them? (for now)
Any thoughts?
TIA
i noticed similiar problems with my 91 525i, though it was only when it was extremely cold outside, though a few of my co-workers have noticed similar problems as well, to the extent that only the trunk lock was able to turn! I've heard this is just another one of those odd quirks of early 90's bimmers, like the front panel heat vents not working.
best of luck to you.