1991 735i clunks when shifting

I read a post from a really great user page

and Ithought I had the answer to my problem. I checked and it's not the sameissue.

When I shift to reverse or from reverse to drive there is a slight clunk if I let my foot off the brake to soon and not allow it to fully shift. It also makes the noise when driving at times when I accelerate.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
criii

Normal operation.

Not normal - where is the noise coming from?

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Well I guess that most automatics of this age will develop clunks - I know mine has. This may not be anything abnormal at all but might just be the first signs that your rear suspension bushes are wearing and in need of replacement sometime soon.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG

Hi,

I actually drove it around all day and noticed that the only time it makes the clunk noise is when shifting gears... not when driving.

Reply to
criii