1991 E34 M50 2.0 - Throttle Switch / TPS

Hi all,
just checking my options here..engine completely overhauled.water,coolant,crank,cam sensors all replaced. Improved performance and fuel comp.Y'day I changed the MAF and it
improved further.
Just wondering, Should I change the throttle switch as well ? Also the control unit...The car is 16years old now ?
Just curious if those parts 'wear out' after some mileage.
Cheers Dom