1992 525iT manual transmission problem

Hi All, I have a '92 touring manual, M50 engine, 180k miles. All the gears work fine, but when changing, if I'm not very careful with matching revs,
there is a soft-but-weighty thunk, feels like it's underneath me, maybe a bit behind me. Could this be a worn sycnromesh, or something to do with the driveshaft, or differential? Doesn't seem to depend on which gear changing from / to. thanks in advance, Jamie
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

replacement.
...or the rear trailing arm bushes