1993 518i

Hi, Can anyone help me in the wilds of northern Scotland. I am having problems with this not starting or cutting out. It may be an immobiliser problem as there is plenty life in the battery etc and before cutting out
i notice the radio/cd cuts off first. It was happening a few weeks ago and i switched off the alarm using the key and all was ok for a while, but the problem is back,and still intermittent. No decent auto electricians or garages up here who seem keen to take a look, can I isolate the immobilser further ? Please please please help !