1994 - 520i touring sunroof problem

Bought the car recently and everything is lovely. Yesterday my wife called and asked what I had done to the sunroof! Can anyone suggest a fix - was working fine and has just stopped - nothing when I press/push
the switch.
BTW I blame her.
P.S. double sunroof model (1994)

Do the electric windows work? If not I suspect the cut-out switch has activated due to an overload on the motor. Not certain where it is on an E34, it'll be a black button similar in size to the window switch. Look near the switches or above the driver's knees.
Everything else is fine - windows, central locking, lights etc.
Any ideas - shall I look for cut-out switch anyway?
Cheers
John Burns wrote:

No. I wasn't sure if the sunroof was on the same circuit.
The window switches and the roof switch are all the same, except that the window switches have the ability to run the windows full up or down whereas the roof switch only has the manual setting and you have to physically hold the switch to get the roof to move.
My point is, the switch itself can be bad and a test for this would be to swap it with one of the window switches to see if the problem follows the switch. I am assuming there are no physical obstructions that keep the roof from moving.
The roof switch is attached to a panel that simply snaps out, and the window switches can be gently pried out of the shift boot. Use a small screwdriver to lift the switches out of their respective mounting locations.

on my e34, the window and sunroof switches are not interchangeable... I did have to replace a motor last year, it worked fine one day and the next it was dead, then it would work halfway and die... I changed the motor and it works like new!