1995 BMW 318ic Jack Lift...where to put the jack?

Hi folks. Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a hydraulic lift for my car. The car has the peg lifts which fit into holes in the side, but it's flimsy. I have jack stands as well, but I want to use the hydraulic lift. Where can I put the lift so that it's safe? Is there a given location for this type of lift?

Cheers

Reply to
BeeRich

If you look under the edge of hte car where the lift points are, you will see rubber pads, or places where there are supposed to be rubber pads that have long since been torn off. This is where you put the jack. If you wanted to spread the load by using a piece of wood along the edge of the car, you can do that.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

OK, cool. Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look and use those instead.

Reply to
BeeRich

OK, cool. Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look and use those instead.

Those pads can be removed to expose the tie-down points that the tow truck driver would use to secure the car to the flatbed of his truck.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

.

Ah very neat. I like the way the rally cars (Subaru STi, specifically) use the side holes for instant jacking.

Reply to
BeeRich

Be aware that if the last tow truck driver couldn't be arsed to put the pads back on when he'd finished, or if they're missing for some other reason, then you can get some weird wind noise that you'd never believe could be caused by them being missing.

Reply to
Dean Dark