1995 E34 Touring ride height low ?

I had the rear springs changed for new - dampers were OK - and whilst the new springs were 2" longer laying on the ground, the ride height is no better - the mudguard
bottom edge is about halfway down the rubber of the tyre when unladen and it "looks laden"... so when I put a load in it it looks overloaded. The car does not have self-levelling suspension..
Any suggestions anyone ?
Thanks,
Nick

Someone sold you saloon springs or totally incorrect ones. Spring length does not indicate a stronger spring. The spring rate and wire diameter are a much better indication of what the performance of the spring will be. Take them back for a correct replacement set?
JB

Hi JB,
Thanks for the reply....
Exactly what an hardened E34 enthusiast said to me a week or so ago... saloon springs.....
I forgot to ask him what gap there should be, unladen, between the top of the tyre and bottom of the mudguard.. do you know ?
Nick

Information from Bentley service manual, obtainable from http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~szwarc/e34 /
Ride height measurement is taken from the center of the wheel arch (mudguard) to the bottom of wheel rim. Measure ride height with car in normal loaded position on the ground. Normal loaded position is: each front seat laden with 68kg (150lb), center of rear seat with 68kg (150lb), trunk with 21kg (46lb) and with a full fuel tank.
Read ride height for 15in rims is 522mm (20 1/2in) for standard suspension and 507mm (20in) for sport suspension. Front ride height for 15in rims is 588mm (23 1/8in) for standard suspension and 568mm (22 3/8in) for sport suspension.
--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng /, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"