1995 M3 Starting Problem

Hello,
Today I walked out to start my car, it was really cold. I ploped in the seat, turned the key and... nuthin'. All the lights went on as expected, but no crank at the motor. I returned this afternoon,
repeated the procedure, and boom, start.
Do I have a bad starter relay? A chip-on-key problem? Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this?
Thanks for the advice and recommendations,
Evan
Possibly a problem, but take your time when putting the key in the ignition and starting it. You may have been too quick.
If it happens again, get out of the car, lock the car by key, then unlock the car by key, get in, put the key in the ignition, wait a few seconds, then try to start it. Does this cure the problem?

My '95 730i can sometimes act like that. If you leave it for 10 mins it's fine.
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the response. It hasn't done it since that morning. I guess I'm just going to let it go unless it does it again.
Thanks guys,
Evan