1996 M3 with 150K

Hi,
I'll be looking at an 1996 M3 with 152k miles in the next few days with an eye toward purchasing it. My question is, is it worth buying a car with this many miles? I currently own a
1987 535i with 187k so I'm no stranger to old cars with high mileage but my worry is that the surprise parts I'll need to replace on an M3 will be MUCH more expensive than my 535. Any comments?
Marty
definitely more expensive. i'm no expert, but i've been reading a few posts on how expensive M3 repairs get. so, start with this: think about whatever parts/repairs you've had to do on your 5-series baby and do an equivalent search for M3s and you'll catch a few good hits, i'd think.
or did you already do that? :)
Martin Gutowski wrote:

Martin Gutowski wrote:

It all depends Marty, what do you expect to do with it, and how well was it previously maintained.
I've seen some ther peoples cars that liked like crap after less than 100k miles, and others that looked nearly showroom after twice that.
--
-Fred W

I may be able to help if you are interested in a 98 M3 4 dr auto... Email me offline if interested. JM - snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Thanks, JM ------------------------------------- Martin Gutowski wrote:

I have a 98 M3 that I bought from my brother in 2003. I LOVE it. Yes it is old and has its own issues but nothing serious. DO NOT take it in for BMW service. I did and it cost 900 bucks. Find a decent foreign car mechanic and use them exclusively. I have not had and problems except for the radio display going out. Radio still worked though :-)
I say GO FOR IT!
Martin Gutowski wrote:

Martin Gutowski wrote:

I guess this would be a relatively cheap 3.0, instead of the 3.2 version? Hang on, if you're in the states you may not have got the 320+hp 3.2 evo version. In any case, google for problems. Often brakes and suspension parts are M3 specific and can be expensive but other parts are off the shelf 3-series and are cheap.